Thursday, January 31, 2008

14 September: Did I Mention the Weather?

The sun came out yesterday. I was beginning to worry that we would have no nice end-of-summer weather at all. There is a crispness in the air that heralds the arrival of autumn, even though summer should technically last until the end of September. I don’t really miss not having hot weather this year, but I do want to have a nice fall. It’s my favorite time of year. I love the flowers of springtime, but there is something beautiful and sad about fall, when you know winter is just around the corner. I love the colors and the cool air and the way the light shines through the leaves in the woods. I can’t wait for the colors to start changing so I can go for my afternoon runs in a shower of golden leaves.

I’m still in major pain today. Going for walks with Cody is terrible but it is good for me to stretch out a bit. I feel crippled. I hope I can hobble all the way to the Birkenkopf tomorrow – one of John’s friends from work is having a barbeque up there. I’m curious to see how that works; it never occurred to me that people might just bring their own grills and have a BBQ on top of the rubble heap.


No comments: